For those of you who do not know me well, my name is Natalie and I am a group instructor, personal trainer, powerlifter, and competitive CrossFitter (keep in mind I am not a great CrossFitter, I am simply a CrossFitter who does competitions). Outside of the gym, my absolute favorite thing to do is cook. This is not the best hobby for a fitness professional to have, but I thoroughly enjoy it! To make this hobby a little less detrimental to my profession and waistline, I have set out to find ways to make delicious protein and fitness focused meals for people who work crazy schedules.
Every Friday, I will be posting here with a new or super delicious recipe that you can try to help you towards your fitness goals or just to try something new!
The first recipe is a tried and true favorite of mine, The Protein Pancake. These can be refrigerated and warmed up in the microwave and are great for post workout meals or on-the-go breakfasts.
Protein Pancake Ingredients:
- 1 banana (this is a great way to use old spotty brown bananas)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 scoop Whey Protein powder, any flavor (I use Optimum Nutrition vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray, I use Trader Joe's Coconut Oil Spray but any type will work
- Desired toppings (coconut flakes, fruit, chocolate chips, whipped cream, syrup, etc)
- Smash up banana in bowl with a fork, it is okay is some smaller chunks remain.
- Add egg and vanilla to banana, mix well.
- Gradually add protein powder while mixing. Make sure there are no chunks of protein powder remaining.
- Place nonstick skillet over medium heat and let warm up. Spray generously with nonstick spray and ladle ~1/4c pancake batter per pancake.
- Cook until bubbles start to form (roughly 2min), spray top with cooking spray and flip.
- Cook other side until done (roughly 1min).
- Top with favorite pancake toppings and serve while warm!
Let me know what you think or ask any questions in the comment section below!
Macros of 1 batch with no toppings:
Carbs=32.5g, Protein=31.3g, Fat=7.4g